VEGAN chocolate cupcakes review

Hello hello hello!!!

As of recently I have had this insane desire and curiosity when it comes to cooking especially when it comes to vegan and vegetarian recipes. I find it so interesting how most cuisine (especially North American) often revolves around the main meat dish, but when it comes to vegan and vegetarian cooking there is such a variety in what can be the main course and how it is prepared. As they say, variety is the spice of life!

Today I was feeling a little down when I woke up this morning so I decided to hit the gym early on. One little quirk of mine is I LOVE to watch the cooking channel when I run on the treadmill. Soon I was inspired to craft some amazing recipe and I was on pintrest within minutes of me arriving home. Baking usually is very calming for me as well so baking on a particular down day for me was very very nice and relaxing :)

I found this recipe on popsugar.com for vegan chocolate cupcakes that I was very excited to try. Most vegan baking has an incredibly long list of ingredients that are usually quite complicated & hard to find in stores. It was a nice surprise to find this recipe had very few ingredients and most of which were something I already had in my cupboard!

These cupcakes are half the fat and half the calories of the average cupcake but do not sacrifice flavour! The creaminess is not lost with an avocado based icing and the flavour is not lost with natural cane sugar and maple syrup both incorporated into the recipe!

Just a little disclaimer: This is a fantastic recipe but it is very clear when you are eating them that they are NOT the average cupcake. My enthusiastic roommates described them as "delicious and not too sweet", so don't expect this to be the type of treat you would find at a birthday party that you would derive an insane sugar high off of. I would say this is likely due to the icing because no icing sugar is in it Which actually, I don't mind in the slightest!

In the future however I think I would add some powered sugar or sprinkles to the top or some kind of decor just to make them look pretty. I would also blend the icing more thoroughly in the food processor so I could get less clumps of avocado in the icing (I got too impatient and HUNGRY this time hehe).

Here is a picture of the final product & I will include a link to the recipe below!



http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Vegan-Chocolate-Cupcakes-35927206

If you choose to try this recipe PLEASE let me know if you like it!
I hope you enjoyed this post!

Jade :)

Comments

  1. I love to hit the gym early when I'm feeling a little down ! I also love to watch cookery shows while on the running machine I find it really therapeutic ! These sound amazing, I've just shown this post to my girlfriend and were going to make them next weekend because weve been looking for ways to cut down our sugar and this sounds perfect !

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually had vegan chocolate cupcakes before and they were surprisingly good, so I may have to give this recipe a try :)

    I nominated you for the blogger recognition awards, by the way! If you'd like, details are on my blog. Don't feel pressured though :)

    ~Iris
    http://getupandoutblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts