Weekend Away: Camping

Happy Friday everyone!

Sorry this post too so long to publish! Last weekend was a long weekend and just losing that one day put me behind in so many other things at work! I couldn't get around to writing this until now!

For the weekend my friends and I went camping with my best friends! It rained most of the weekend but it was still incredibly fun! We played cards in the tent, went shopping in the beach town nearby and when the sun finally came out for the last day everyone appreciated it that much more. Everyone emerged from their tents and trailers and went down to the beach to watch the sunset that night. There was such an uplifted and light feeling among everyone because the clouds had finally cleared. Not to mention the sunset was absolutely gorgeous! We spent the last day canoeing and getting ice cream. So we really got the full camping experience!

Here are some photos from the weekend away. Hope you enjoy!



The first day we got there the weather was semi-nice! We were able to relax on the beach and eat copious amounts of chips!


First night smores (about 5 seconds before it started raining)


s'more smores!!!


The gorgeous sunset after the rain ended. This cute little board walk was surrounded by sand dunes and dune grass.


Canoeing on the last morning!


After we worked off all that energy canoeing we finished off the weekend with ice cream!


Camping this weekend was a really grounding experience for me. I had been going to this camp ground every summer since I was born until I was 14. I had so many happy memories there playing on the beach, catching grasshoppers with my dad and doing coyote calls at night. When life gets super stressful it is easy to get caught up in the little things. Coming back to a place I loved so much as a kid really brought me back down to earth, reminding me that is 60 years or 5 years from whats upsetting me now will be completely irrelevant. It's times like these; camping with my friends, getting caught in the rain a few too many times and driving down country roads singing our heads off that I'll remember. It's important we try to be present in our leisure time and remember that time is our time precious. So why not let yourself fully indulge and enjoy yourself while you still have lots of it?

How did you spend your long weekend?

Jade

Comments

  1. Loved this!! Sounds like you had fun :)

    Btw, I nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award. No pressure, but if you'd like, details are on my blog :))

    ~Iris xoxo
    getupandoutblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts