Coffee Talk: How I take my coffee and my Starbucks order

Hello Friends! 

This is my third post of this week! I cannot promise I will always be this consistent but I figure might as well run with these new post ideas as they come into my head! Also it is currently 6am and I have been up for 3 hours because insomnia so a post about drinking a lot of coffee is super topical considering I will need a lot today. 

I don’t know about you but I am someone who literally cannot live without coffee. I drink it every single morning when I wake up and more recently, every single afternoon as well to get me through the last few hours of work. Those people who live off only herbal teas are a mystery to me!

Along with my obsession with coffee is this weird curiosity I have about how often other people drink coffee, how they take their coffee and other specifics like if they prefer cappuccinos over lattes. More often whenever someone expresses their liking of a specific latte I have never heard of or have yet to try I feel super inclined to try it too. What can I say I like to spice up the coffee game once in awhile!

I might be super insane for being that curious over peoples coffee orders, or I might actually be average among the coffee culture, but I figured I would dedicate a post to sharing how I have learned to like my coffee, and my favourite drinks!


  1. A regular cup of joe and how I take it.

I prefer my coffee like I prefer my men. Weak.
All jokes aside, I can’t seem to get on board with the strength of even the medium roast for some reason. Usually at Starbucks I take whatever their blonde roast is for the day, along with the equivalent of 1 sugar and 1 cream. I think in this way, with a weak, sugary coffee drink it resembles a dessert more than a bitter drink (seriously how do people drink it black?).

  1. My go-to Starbucks drinks

There are a few here so brace yourselves…

a. Blond Almond Vanilla Latte 
Usually I don’t find myself super keen on the Starbucks lattes because they are too sweet for me. I only really splurge on them when it is around Christmas time and even then I usually order them half-sweet. This one latte however I don’t mind! It is lightly sweet and you can still taste the coffee, which is always a bonus! I am also trying to cut down on the amount of animal products I eat so that is why I order this one with almond milk!

b. Chocolate Protein Smoothie
I like this drink because it gives me my chocolate fix without all the sugar and calories! From my previous posts you can probably deduce that I LOVE chocolate, but when I am trying to keep up with my clean eating unfortunately there is no place for chocolate *cries*. This drink is a nice happy-medium for me. I also get a nice boost of energy with the added protein powder and banana, keeping me more satisfied than other Starbucks drinks usually do!

c. Iced Coffee with non-fat milk and 3 pumps of peppermint
I know it sounds weird I thought that too at first. Part of me thinks the only reason I love this drink so much is because it reminds me of a really fun trip I took to Atlanta in December to see my best friend Abby. Thats literally all we drank. Regardless, unlike other coffees I find this coffee more hydrating because it is iced coffee after all but also with the peppermint flavour it is also really refreshing! I feel like when picking a beverage you have to sacrifice any form of refreshment when you pick coffee but not here! You get that and a nice caffeine boost! Really this drink has it all!

d. Jade Citrus Mint Tea
I’m adding this one in because I have to include the avid tea drinkers. Although I prefer coffee on a regular basis I always have mint tea before bed! It acts as a muscle relaxant to help me fall asleep and reduces bloating when you eat too much (which I do A LOT). I originally decided to try this tea out because I had a sore throat one day and because it has my name in the name of the tea so I felt obligated. This has to be the BEST mint tea I have every had. I am not just saying this because it is JADE mint tea and Starbucks does actually carry very high quality teas. I usually do not like herbal teas that are too fruity but the citrus is just enough mixed with my favourite type of herbal tea flavour!

I could probably go on forever about coffee I like but I think my main orders are sufficient. How do you like your coffee? What do you order at Starbucks? Let me know in the comments!


Jade 

Comments

  1. Love the new design! And I loved the weak coffee joke haha, I'm really craving a Starbucks after reading this, I always go for an iced caramel latte, I do love a peppermint mocha in the Winter though! x

    Nicole
    https://fashionsboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole your hearing (reading) feedback is go great! I will definitely need to try to iced caramel latte out after work today! Thanks for the comment :)

      Jade

      Delete
  2. Remember when I tried to comment on this like a week ago?? Well, today I went to starbucks and remembered this blog so i tried your blond vanilla latte.. I'm not usually a coffee drinker but dang this was spot on. So thx!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts