I GOT A NEW CAR


This is just going to be a short life update post from something that happened about a week ago but I figured it is a major life event so I might as well document it on this little blog of mine!




So pictured above is my new car! She's a 2017 Ford Focus SEL in white! I named her Doris after Doris Day because I admire that women and because my Nonna used to sing Doris Day songs when she would bake apple pie for my sister and I when I was little! I wanted to make this car as me as possible starting from the vanilla-coconut air freshner hanging off my rearview mirror to the scribbled, erratic post-it notes and old starbucks receipts you would find in the glove box! Which brings me back to exactly why I named her Doris! I thought why not take an event that is supposed to signify being an adult with adult responsibilities and morph it with some fond childhood memories! 


There is a USB port too so I can play my COOL music (which consists of a lot of old chris brown and even some high school musical?) and its also kinda nice to have my seat to be in the exact right position and my AC to be set to the perfect temperature whenever I get in the car! Saves me about 10 seconds but its the small things in life right?

Getting a new car gives you so much freedom but comes with a little bit of anxiety too. I keep worrying I am somehow going to ruin the car in my first week of having it and I get REALLY paranoid whenever another car follows too close behind. Has anyone else felt that? I am hoping it will wear off soon, but then again maybe I am just an overprotective mother haha!


Anyways that was my short life update. And like I said in my previous post it feels SO GOOD to be back blogging again

Comments

Popular Posts